Celebrations and Lessons learned.
The past two weeks have consisted of celebrating birthdays and going out on dates. What would you like to hear first, the fun or the embarrassing?
January is a busy month because I’m best friends with a lot of Capricorn women. (We are the best sign, after all) Last weekend I trekked to Long Island to party with my fabulous friend Amanda who turned 32. A bunch of her girlfriends came over and we bonded over ridiculous life stories, fantastic food, and the game Things.
**** Make note of the bread bowl to the right. I dominated that bad boy.
My great friend and roommate turned 29 last week. We raged it up at home with yet another spread, vino, and a vegan chocolate cake.
My 31st birthday was on Thursday. I’ve been really busy lately and simply wanted to stay in to watch American Idol with my roommate. I know that sounds lame and I’m perfectly okay with that. I received many beautiful cards and gifts that touched my heart. I can’t believe an entire year has passed since my 30th birthday party. Last year brought about so many changes, most of which you guys know about. I can’t wait to find out what’s in store for this year.
Happy belated to my other Capricorn Sisters– Biff, Marisa, and my Mama.
The world of online dating is a ridiculous place. Over the last two weeks, I’ve gone out with three different guys and each date has taught me an important lesson or two.
1. Don’t invest much time (pre-date) emailing/texting/chatting back and forth because that all goes to shit at first sight. Verizon made a fortune from me this month.
2. If you arrive to a date early, head-in rather than wait in your parked car reading a book. You’re date might walk by, recognize you, then call you out fifteen minutes later when you eventually meander in.
3. Always look in the mirror before arriving to the destination or you risk finding a peppercorn wedged between your two front teeth at the end of the night.
5. Asking someone how many people they’ve slept within the first ten minutes of date is not appropriate or appreciated.
6. Don’t ever count on your roommate to pick you up from a date. She might accidentally get drunk too, especially if you’re “pre-gaming” together.
7. If you think you scared the shit out of your date, you probably did. Call the next day to apologize.
8. As embarrassed as you might feel, these stories are like gold to friends. Family might be a little more concerned.
Never a dull day in this life of mine.